🌶Easy Four Ingredients Vegan Chili🌶
Hey everyone! I know it’s been awhile since my last post. Time has a way of flying by. But I’m back and I have a really simply, quick, yummy recipe to share with you. I kind of came up with this out of necessity. It was one of those running all day kind of days. Got home around dinner time, was starving and needed something I could throw together fast. So I checked my fridge, cabinets, and my veggie stash.
And that’s how this recipe was created😀
Ok, here we go!
- One 15oz can of black beans, ( reserve some of the liquid from the beans)drained and rinsed
- One 15oz can of Fire roasted tomatoes with their liquid
- one small sweet potato
- one package of Chili seasoning mix
- Cook the sweet potato. I just put mine in the microwave for a few minutes. Once done leave to cool a bit.
- In a pot on medium heat put the black beans, Fire roasted tomatoes, and as much of the Chili seasoning you like. I start with just a little seasoning and add more as I cook the chili.
- Chop the cooked sweet potato into cubes, as big or small as you like
- Add chopped sweet potatoes to the pot.
- Cook the chili on medium heat until it starts to boil then turn heat down to simmer so the seasonings have time to really release their flavor. If the Chili is too thick you can add some of the liquid you reserved from the beans. At this point taste your Chili. Adjust the seasoning to your taste. Add salt and pepper if you like.
Serve in two bowls. You can add tortilla chips on the side or broken up in your Chili. I also like to add some Tahini on top of mine, so good!
Well that’s it! Easy right?
I hope you give this recipe a try. Feel free to experiment with it. Maybe add some different seasoning or add some vegan soy Chorizo to it. (Trader Joe’s makes a fealty good vegan Chorizo). Either way you choose I hope you like it😀
Thanks for reading!
⭐️Comments and questions are always welcomed⭐️
Check back, I will be posting about some great vegan products I’ve found. I’ve tried them all and will give you the low down on all of them.
Sorry about the not so clear pictures☹️ They looked clear when I took them😬